Monday, January 27, 2014

The Roller Coaster

My days are often roller coaster from start to finish.  As I try to be obedient to what God has called me to I am met with so much much enemy resistance some days that all I want to do is cry.  Then God uplifts me in some amazing way and I am back on top.  I understand the battle I am in and I am not growing weary, but some days I wish it could be all up!

Today God blessed my family in a huge way, He provided where we needed provision and he gave me motivation for my tasks at hand.  It was also a hard day because fear, doubt, and frustration tried to barge in.  I am fairly familiar with their deception so I am for the most part able to hold them off, but sometimes that takes a lot of energy and leaves me where I am right now, tired.

God is so amazing and I fully understand the purpose of tests, I understand the trials and I appreciate them in a way for what they leave me with when the trial has ended.  A deeper understanding, a deepening of my faith, a resolve to keep on coarse.  I want to be the woman of God I know I can be and I know that I have much refining that needs to be done.  I accept that and I welcome the Holy Spirit to be at work in me always.

This week was a powerful week for the pro-life movement with so many walks for life going on all over the country.  I feel encouraged that hearts are being changed and lives are being saved.  My passion for life is not just for the unborn but for every single life.  I get discouraged when people accuse people who are pro-life of only caring for the unborn.  Not so, I give my time, my money, and my heart for people born and unborn.  It is a passion that is only growing daily as God works with me on the direction he has for me.  I love being a LIFE Runner and it is a blessing to lead my local chapter. I have so much yet to learn about serving people for God, and I welcome the learning!

Today Ryan returns back to work and there is always a bit of an empty feeling after he has been home for a week.  During that time I get off of my routine and the house turns into a good form of chaos.  When he leaves for that first night I have to shift back into my old routine.  Its kind of like having two lifestyles, the carefree family time, the lack of schedule or housework, Daddy taking over the night time routine with Ella Mae, all very great things.  When he leaves its back to the old routine which is good but not nearly as fun as when he is home.  So I suppose part of today's roller coaster has to do with him being gone after having such an emotionally charged week behind us.

Tonight after I started the massive cleaning project and fed Ella Mae I updated my prayer journal and gave attention to things I often neglect the week Ryan is home.  I know that by tomorrow I will be fully back into my routine.  I look forward to my quiet time before bed with God, something that is not quite the same when Ryan is home.  God is so amazingly good, I just can't even say that enough.  Without the lows of life how could we fully appreciate the highs!  I don't mind my roller coaster one bit because I know in my heart it equals growth and if the enemy is trying to push me away it only makes me push harder forward.

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. (James 1:5-6 NIV)

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment