Tuesday, January 14, 2014

He is my strength


Today I woke up knowing today was different somehow, different because my fast was over and now was the time to put my “money where my mouth is.”  I prayed and read before getting up as usual, but I did allow myself some FaceBook time, mostly because I had to get caught up with all the messages that had been left for me.

It was a busy day of cleaning and I tried to keep my focus still on the important things, stop and look at what Ella Mae is trying to show you, put down the phone when Ryan is trying to explain something he is excited over, don't drop everything simply because you have notification on your phone.  So far, so good.

Its easy to keep that bounce in your step when everything is good, easy to not be discouraged when you are at the top of the mountain, but then life hits you and that is when I have to turn to God and trust him.

Today I read an email that made my heart hit the floor, it broke me to pieces and I cried out to God immediately praying for his grace over the situation.  I am trying to not feel helpless, because I have all of the power I need over the situation, I have my heavenly Father to cast this burden to.  As I have continued through my day, my mind still ever conscious of the news I received I was comforted by a scripture that I had honestly never taken note of.  What is fantastic is the way that God led me to the scripture.  I was hanging a special painting that a very dear friend painted in my great room.  It is a painting of a tree, and that makes two tree painting from the same artist in the room.  I was looking at the two and thinking fondly of my very dear friend who is so far away and instantly I thought that I should see about a scripture pertaining to being planted.  What I was led to was absolute perfection.  God is so good...

Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NIV)
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.  They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment