Friday, March 7, 2014

Amazing Grace Filled Day

I woke up this morning and realized that for the first time in months I was able to sleep through the night without interruption.  In the past 24 hours God has provided for every single need I have laid at His feet, and I am so thankful that He chose yesterday to shower me with blessings.

Yesterday I went for a run, I wanted to spend some time alone with God in a way that I only seem to accomplish while running or cycling and so I set out.  There was nothing about the run that was too unusual but I felt in a funk and didn't feel like pushing forward.  I prayed and God got me through but at one point in my run my text message went off, although I didn't check it I would later find out that God was clearly listening to my requests for help.  I managed to run the whole 3 miles without giving up and as I got into my car I checked my message and the simple words brought tears to my eyes. "Speak Life. Praying for you and that song came on speak life."  My friend Anna and I have songs for each other and when we hear the song it is a reminder to pray right then for each other and let each other know that we are praying.  So far God has used this long distance method to help us pray for one another in times of need, its powerful to see God speak to us about others needs and to answer by faithfully praying.  Thank you Anna for not ignoring that moment, thank you God for using my friend to give me encouragement and for reminding me that you care for me, even the little stuff matters!

Later in the day I was feeling overwhelmed.  I had spent some time with a talking and praying with a friend and I came home under attack, it was a very good time of talk and prayer, but that of course is when the enemy likes to attack.  Ella Mae cried the whole ride home for no reason and I barely walked through the door before Ryan and I had a little argument.  As I began to let the bad mood win the battle God put Anna's status before my eyes it read "Have you ever felt like you aren't strong enough to handle what you are going through in life?  And you wonder, "Why God?"  Maybe God is waiting for you to say to Him, "I'm not strong enough! I need your help." He's promised to help us in times of trouble, he's promised to never leave or forsake us, he's promised to never give us more than we can handle.  And with God, you can handle more than you realize, and do more with His help than on your own."  This was confirmation of everything my friend and I had been talking about earlier that day and it was a reminder to me that God had my back and that I didn't need to let satan take this day from me.  Praise God, another answered prayer.

Throughout the day every time discouragement would sneak in he put something before my eyes to remind me he was near or to just make me smile and it didn't stop.  As I put EM to bed she began crying for no reason, or so I thought, and I responded in frustration.  Then as I began to read her devotional I was stopped dead in my tracks.  It was about thinking before you speak because your words can wound, and of course I know this because my biggest prayer this year has been that I will "Speak Life."  At that humbling moment I picked up my still emotional daughter and asked her, "why are you crying?" At first she gave me her usual response of nothing but then she sobbed even more and admitted "I miss Daddy."  My heart crumbled and I cuddled her close and told her that he would be home in the morning and that I was here and wouldn't leave her.  I told her that I was sorry that I had been stern with her and asked her forgiveness.  I then continued to read her devotional to her explaining that Mommy had not though before she spoke and why this was so important.  God corrected my path, he got my attention and I was able to help Ella Mae feel better and teach her truly about thinking before speaking and about asking forgiveness when we mess up.

As I prayed over her I prayed that we would both get a full night of rest and then I went to bed and read my bible for awhile.  I began to cry as verse after verse were loving words from Heaven that God wanted me to hear.

The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom.  To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (2 Timothy 4:18)

Show me your ways, Lord, teach me your paths.  Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. (Psalm 25:4-5)

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.  He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.  (Psalm 145:18-19)

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. (1 Peter 4:8)

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

Thank you God for your love, for your forgiveness, for your faithfulness.  I pray that you will guide my every step, lead me on the path you desire for me.  Correct me when I go the wrong way and lead me back to you.  I pray that you will continue to refine me, that you will reduce me until there is only you. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Karen! God was really looking out for you and helping you. I am blessed to be a vessel used by God to reach across the miles and give you His special messages and offer encouragement just when its needed. He is an Awesome God! He loves us so much. I had no idea what I wrote was for you, it was just kicking around in my brain for about a whole day and then I finally said, "I'm writing that down and posting it on facebook." I figured someone needed to hear it. Had no idea who... not surprised it was you ;-) xoxo Anna

    ReplyDelete