Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wait

There are days when it would be so easy to put my will in front of God's, and that is the struggle isn't it.  Right now God is asking my family to trust Him and to wait on His timing, and He isn't just letting us sit in a nice comfy waiting room.  We are in the midst of a storm, it's getting heavy and exhausting and it would be so easy to give up, and that is how faith grows.  Even now as the struggle grows He continues to shower me with encouragement, He isn't just leaving us to weather the storm alone.

Sure, some days I would really like the trials to stop, but then again maybe I wouldn't.  I don't live by what the world expects from me, not by its standards.  We've decided to trust in God and to follow His will for our life and that means most of the time the decisions my family makes make no sense to the world.  Most importantly I am trying to learn to praise Him in the storm.  That can be very hard, but I want to be thankful for what I have even when times are hard, because God always provides.

When our faith is put to the fire the imperfections are brought out and we are refined.  Too many times in my past I have given up right before the answer came, and so I am trying to learn to stand in faith beyond the 11th hour.  I certainly have not mastered it, and that is why I am writing this, because I am hoping that I will really put these thoughts into action today.  Instead of getting upset over a closed door I will wait patiently for a window to open.  What if the window doesn't open? Well then I know that God will carry us until the time is right for the change he has planned.  I can only see the very small picture, he is the architect looking down on the masterpiece.  Who am I to question what he has already seen into completion.

So today I will draw strength in knowing that I am deeply loved by my Heavenly Father and that He desires great things for my life and I will praise him because He is good and His will is perfect.

And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)


No comments:

Post a Comment