Saturday, March 15, 2014

Easter Miracles

As Easter nears again my mind is brought back to the amazing miracles that God performed in my life beginning only a few short years ago.

Once Upon a time I had a dream of being a mommy.  That dream at one point seemed lost, and then God made me a promise.  As time passed I started to doubt that promise, and then forget that promise.  My heart hurt, my world was broken, and I had strayed far from my Heavenly Father.  I was lost and wandering, drowning in my own sinful choices, broken, angry, and hurting.  Then He held His hand out to me and asked me to turn my back on the sinful choices I was making and to trust Him again.  As I put my trust in God he began to heal me, He used the mess of my past to teach me of the hope in His future and so I accepted His Grace, and trusted Him.

It was in that time that God brought about completion to His promise and started me on the amazing journey to motherhood.  That Easter Sunday morning nearly 5 years ago He reminded me of His promise, a few months later He blessed me with a pregnancy of not just one beautiful baby but 2.  Although Ella Mae's sweet twin passed away too soon, I still feel blessed that I was the mother of 2 for a short time.  Nearly 4 years ago I gave birth to the most beautiful, amazing, perfect, miracle and she has blessed every moment of my life since.

From lost and broken, to redeemed and blessed there is no point in my life where I can't see Gods hand at work.  I understand the need to offer forgiveness freely because I have needed great forgiveness in my life.  I understand the need to share love and compassion to the broken because I have needed it shown to me.  I do not cast judgement because we are all fallen, we are all sinners and we all need Christ redeeming love, I do not however support people to continue down the path of destruction because I know that there is a better way, a way of hope and life.  Thank you God that you never give up on me, that you never lead me where you can't help me and your voice is always near.

I am a sinner of all sorts, there is not a sin that I haven't had a piece of in my life at some point and for that I confess openly to you Father and ask your forgiveness.  I thank you that my past is gone and that you dwell in me from now until eternity, I have been saved by the shed blood of Jesus, saved alone by His amazing Grace.  We have no hope without Christ, there is no way that we alone are able to live up to the standard that has been set.  That is why God sent His son to pay our ransom, to live a perfect life as man, to never sin, to be put to death for our sin as the atoning sacrifice, and to rise again defeating death and sin.  He is the way, the truth, and the light, and there is no salvation without Him.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:  While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.  He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;  he hears their cry and saves them. (Psalm 145:18-19)

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment