Saturday, June 16, 2018

Silence Is Destroying Our Youth


Silence is destroying our youth. As I read again about another young girls life being destroyed by nude pictures of her being shared over social media my heart breaks, it breaks and breaks some more. I simply can't stay silent any longer....

Dear young women, I want to apologize to you. We have failed you. We failed you when we taught you that woman’s rights are about sexual liberation and that modesty was an antiquated idea. We failed you when we handed you birth control and condoms and expected you to make decisions well beyond your maturity concerning societies idea of sexual freedom. We failed you when we stopped encouraging you to feel powerful by staying home and raising your family, that this too is a worthy path for a woman. We failed you when we made you think the only way to count yourself a success was to climb the corporate ladder. We failed you when we taught you that to be delicate was a sign of weakness and to be fierce was the way to stay on top. We failed you by not giving you a solid foundation built on faith, but by letting this moral gray of emotions infiltrate our families. We have failed you when we remained silent while the world told you how to live. But we will not be silent anymore, it has gone too far.

Today as I scrolled through instagram and Facebook my heart breaks as I see so many girls in dresses and clothing that cover so little. We as women have failed our daughters because we have allowed them to believe that beautiful and sexy are the same thing. I look at you in your sexy outfits and wonder if you know how beautiful you are when you are covered. I wonder if you know that elegance is the most beautiful state of a woman. Elegance, not being sexy. To be elegant is to simply radiate who you are without showing the world all that you have. Elegance is saying I am more than a body, but my body is sacred and it is not for you or anyone else. My body is mine, it is pure and it will stay off limits to you until you are willing to commit to being mine forever in marriage. Elegance is knowing your worth, and I will tell you that you are worth so much! Your worth, you see, has nothing to do with what others think of you, your worth has nothing to do with your accomplishments, your dreams, or what you look like. Your worth, well its worth more than life. I know that because your life was paid for on the cross. You will never truly find your worth and know your value until you know Jesus. Until then you will keep believing the lies of the world that tell you your worth is attached to your successes and failures, your popularity and your appearance, those who love and hate you. As long as your worth is connected to any of these things, it will hold you prisoner to them.

I pray that when you look in the mirror again, you will see what God sees. You are a beautiful daughter of the Most High God and to Him you are worth more than life, you are worth dying for. I pray that you will choose elegance, and reject the idea that to be noticed you need to wear less. The right man, the one that God hand picked for you, he will see your radiant beauty (inside and out) even when your body is covered. Know your worth my beautiful young women, and decide that you are worth more than to dress as if you are worth less.

No comments:

Post a Comment