Saturday, June 16, 2018

Falling on My Sword



When little kids first start playing soccer you always have that one kid who gets the ball and is really excited and without realizing it runs the ball the wrong way and scores a goal for the other team. Oh man, if only that applied to children and sports! Unfortunately sometimes we do the devils dirty work without too much help from him.

I can honestly say these last few months have not been easy and this weekend has been struggle after struggle but today I blew it. The devil didn't have to defeat me, I did it all by myself. At first it appeared I had scored a goal for the other team, but God soon revealed that was not the case. As I poured my heart out to God in repentance for my attitude and angry words He opened my eyes to see that I had fallen on my own sword. Although the devil had a few laughs at my expense it didn't last long, you see, he forgot what sword I was carrying....

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Our family makes a habit of putting on the Armor of God each day, but today I didn't take the time to put it on and when attack came I was not ready and as I stumbled I fell on the one piece of armor I was holding, the Sword of the Spirit. The very Word of God pierced right to the heart of me and opened my eyes to my weakness, revealing a place that I need to have repaired and restored. God swiftly brought me to a place of healing repentance. The devil wanted me to walk around feeling guilty and broken for my words, he wanted me to skip church and stay home ashamed of my behavior, instead of falling into his deception I fell on my sword and God restored me!

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

It hurts to fall, especially to fall on a sword, but praise God for His abundant restoration! The enemy is cunning but he cannot stand against God. What the devil means for harm God will use for good and today I praise God for showing me a weakness and reminding me that I need to put on His armor every day!

Psalm 119:71
It was good for me to be afflicted so that I could learn from Your statutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment