Saturday, June 16, 2018

Growing Pains



My daughter is eight and right now she’s experiencing growing pains. We explain to her that growing pains are part of life and part of getting bigger and stronger.

Today as I read Romans 5:3 “and not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;” I realized that if we approach our trials, pains, and struggles as growing pains then we can approach them with joyful expectation.

Today I choose to see my struggles as a growth spurt! Growing pains hurt, but result in change for the better. When we are faced with struggle and we hold fast in faith believing that growth is taking place we can focus on what is being accomplished not on what we are feeling. Growth may be painful but it is always good, our attitude during the growing pains is up to us! We can grumble or we can rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment