Saturday, January 9, 2016

Limitless



Sometimes you read that one scripture that simply captivates you, a scripture so powerful you wonder how you did not see it before.  You know you have read it in the past but today for whatever reason that scripture screams at you from heaven!

It has become habit for me to take my quiet time at a local coffee shop, mostly because at home its hard for me to not be distracted.  As I read this scripture and sipped my iced coffee I got goosebumps from the words I was reading.  I don't think there is anyone in the Bible who lost more and suffered more than Job.  A truly righteous man whose faith was tested beyond what I could imagine.  He lost everything, or so it seemed.  To say he lost everything would actually be false, he still had something left, his faith!  He shows that if God is all you have you have everything you need.

The scripture starts out with Job describing the incredible works of God.

Job 26:7
He spreads out the northern skies over empty space;  he suspends the earth over nothing.  He wraps up the waters in his clouds;  yet the clouds do not burst under their weight.  He covers the face of the full moon, spreading his clouds over it.  He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness.

To me all of these things are incredible.  I cant do any of those things, no one can.  God created the heavens and the earth and he alone controls it.  "He suspends the earth over nothing" that alone provokes thoughts beyond my reasoning!  None of these things Job talks about are small in nature and yet the verse that stopped me right in my tracks, made me put down my coffee and say "whoa" is the next one.

Job 26:14
And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him!  Who then can understand the thunder of his power.

WOW, just think about it!  If these are considered by Job to only be a speck of what God can do then his faith far exceeds the level that I can comprehend!  I want his faith, I want to see how big God truly is.  I realized that in some small way I limited God.  I saw those amazing things that He has done and I thought them to be larger than life, and yet Job is right, they are a tiny portion of what God can do, not the peak of his abilities!  If my faith was that big all of my daily worries would simply disappear!  I pray that my faith increases to even a portion of this!  I realize that as much as my faith has grown it can be so much more!  I also know that if I ask God to increase my faith and I am willing to submit to Him that He is faithful and will do just that!

I used to be a big time worrier.  I still worry but nothing compared to what it used to be.  I'm learning to find peace while I trust in the Lord.  Just last week Ryan had a health scare that would have driven me to hysteria only a few years ago.  Pilots health is nothing to mess around with, their career rides on them being healthy.  When something threatens their health it can permanently end their career.  We prayed over Ryan, and we prayed over the situation, and even though it took nearly two weeks to pass, I was left in peace.  God had given me that quiet to wait in.  I just knew that he was healthy, and that this was going to pass without causing harm.  There were also people praying all over the world for him.  I believe without a doubt that God healed him.  In the end Ryan was given a gold star clean bill of health and the situation has passed.  I will hold firm that this was only by the grace of God.  His doctor even asked him if he had "the gift of touch" (healing) and Ryan was able to witness and tell him that he is a Christian and he believes his family does.  When a doctor gives God credit for your miraculous and unexplained turnaround you cant help but be excited by that!

I still cant get over the power in the words of Job.  The message that God has revealed through it all.  It is possible to lose EVERYTHING and still be rich because you refuse to let go of faith and God refuses to let go of you.  God cares intimately about the details of our lives.  That is incredible.  He formed the universe and He cares about me and my fears, doubts, worries, and concerns.  He shares in my joys, my triumphs, my hopes and my dreams.  I have only seen a whisper of what He can do, and that whisper is greater than I could ever imagine.  I hope I never look at trials the same again.  I pray that God gives me that kind of faith.  I believe He will if I will just trust in Him to show me the way!

Colossians 1:17
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

No comments:

Post a Comment