Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Abundant Provision for LIFE


Women don't choose abortion because it empowers them, they choose abortion because they have been defeated by their circumstances.  They have been fed lie after lie, that they are not strong enough to face the crisis in front of them and that abortion is the only choice, but killing an innocent child never solves a problem.  The enemy loves to keep people bound in lies, and this lie has taken over a million lives each year since the legalization of abortion in the US.

Each year Pro-life advocates gather from all over the world and march in cities across the US to stand up and be the voice for the Unborn.  Each year the media ignores the tens of thousands of participants as they try to quiet our voice that is growing louder and harder to ignore.  This year was no different!  The enemy also works hard to destroy these gatherings and to discourage, but I believe that backfires because those of us who are dedicated to serving women in the pro-life movement are not easily turned aside, so when bad weather comes we push forward.  The pro-choice protesters however dwindle in number when the weather gets bad.

I was part of a group of LIFE Runners that had decided to meet at one of the most liberal cities in the US, San Francisco, for the West Coast Walk for Life this year.  As the date for me to fly back to the US neared the enemy attacks began.  First Ryan got sick, and we went through a couple of scary weeks, but trusting in the Lord he was healed.  Just 7 days before Ella Mae and I were to leave she somehow managed to be infected with lice.  Ella Mae’s hair hangs to her bottom so this in itself was a nightmare, but God gave me peace and with one simple prayer I parted her hair and found the one and only live bug in her hair and killed it.  We were able to eliminate the infestation before the first hatch, and that in itself was a miracle!  Then news of overbooked flights started to come down the line making the idea of standby travel a virtual nightmare, but I gave it to God and trusted Him to open seats for us, and I can tell you that He provided above and beyond on the flight out and His hand was all over the flight back!

I only had one short day with my family in LA before heading on to San Francisco, and my awesome sister had offered to keep Ella Mae while I went to this potentially hostile event.  Ella Mae is still much too young to be exposed to the angry and volatile pro-choice crowd.  

As I sat in the airport waiting for my flight I watched the news pour in about a major winter storm moving along the east coast that would directly affect the March for Life in Washington DC.  This storm did not deter the tens of thousands of pro-life advocates as they prepared to stand for life in our Capitol!  The stories that would follow were uplifting and spoke of faith and protection as thousands then found themselves stranded on the turnpike and other roadways for 30 hours.  So many stories all over the Internet about the perseverance.  Its beautiful, when you are truly called to stand for something, nothing will hold you back!  What is even better about the bad weather is that it didn't stop the March for Life in DC but the stories that followed made it impossible for the news to keep the entire event under wraps.  God is so good!  What the enemy meant to destroy God used for His glory.

My flight was delayed 2 hours due to fog in San Francisco, so it seemed that the enemy used weather at both events this year to try to hold us back, but he failed.  Our group of LIFE Runners all made it to San Francisco, a little late, but ready to go.  As I have found from past experience, any time a group of LIFE Runners gather the spiritual growth and team building is outstanding.  This weekend was no different.  We laughed, we prayed, we cried, we encouraged each other forward and we stood united.

The day of the march I was not sure what to expect.  I knew that last year the pro-choice protesters had been very angry  and I wanted to have peace in my heart so I would not respond in a way that was not helpful.  God poured so much peace on me, it was amazing.  As we began to walk in the cold, windy, and sometimes rainy city I did notice that the bad weather had not stopped us, but had kept the protesters home.  There were tens of thousands of us, and maybe 100 of them.  When we did encounter them my heart was so broken for them.  I knew their anger stemmed from a deep hurt, so as each group passed I closed my eyes and cried out in prayer for them.  For them to be delivered, healed and set free.  I could no longer contain the tears and the sorrow I felt for their broken hearts and I continued to let the Holy Spirit guide my prayers.  My sweet sister in Christ, TD, walked along with me, both of us with arms outstretched towards the protesters and joined me in prayer.  I was overcome in my heart for the deep pain these women felt.  What they didn't understand is that they weren't mad at us, they were mad at the lies they had believed that now caused them regret and pain.  I wanted desperately to reach out to them and to love on them, but they would not have received it, so I loved them from afar.

Coming to San Francisco was something that I will try to do every single year from now on, God willing.  We are needed there, our prayers are needed there, we must stand for the women, men and unborn of our nation even if they stand against us.  I know that our purpose there is not just to end abortion but to bring healing to those so destroyed by abortion.  Its not just about the unborn, its about the women, its about the broken families, broken hearts, broken lives.  I am a Pro-Life missionary, and I truly love them both-mother and unborn!

After the Walk we gathered together for our last evening together.  Its always so hard to see these “retreats” end but you walk away feeling energized.  Of course the enemy always tries to attack and he wasted very little time trying to steal my peace.  Ryan text that I would need to fly back to Fiji the next day and not wait until Monday as planned.  That meant I would have 5 hours between my flight to LA and my flight to Fiji.  For me that stole my peace, but only for a moment.  Ryan prayed with me, my teammates prayed with me and God reassured me as I gave it up to Him.  I knew that there was a significant chance I would not be able to get on a flight back that week, as the loads were heavy.

At the airport I checked in and was told that if everyone showed up that we would not get to fly home that night and the next few days didn't look any better.  Instead of freaking out I opened my Bible app and read words that shaped my night.  Its a blessing the way God speaks directly to our specific needs.  Right at that moment I was not having a flight crisis, I was having a faith crisis!  The opening verse that God sent me directly to was;

Matthew 17:20
He replied, “Because you have so little faith.  Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you.”



After reading this I began to pray with Ella Mae right then and there that God would open two seats for us and get us home.  I told God that I needed Him to move this mountain, and then I did something I don't do often enough in prayer, I believed it done.  No question, no doubt, I told God what I needed and I expected Him to deliver, because He promises to provide for our needs.  Don't get me wrong, I trust God with my requests all the time, but this time I was declaring it done in the name of Jesus.  I wasn't going to take no for an answer.  I had prayed before we left Fiji that God would get us back in time and I was trusting Him to deliver.  Then Ella Mae and I spent the next hour singing praises while we waited.  I want to tell you that God is FAITHFUL!  I was at peace while we waited and then they handed me my tickets!  The gate agent apologized that he couldn't give us the upgrade but he had given us the bulk head to make it more comfortable.  I was just thrilled to have a seat!  I didn't know how amazing and abundantly God had truly provided until mid flight I was speaking to an attendant.  The seat next to Ella Mae was empty so it gave EM the opportunity to get comfortable, which is always nice.  The flight attendant told me that some of the other people on standby almost got bumped but we all made it on and the empty seat next to EM was the only empty seat on the whole plane!  God didn't just give me and EM a seat, he provided an extra seat next to us so that we could see his abundance!  It was powerful and it was a blessing.  God wants to provide, He cares deeply for us.  The same way He cared enough about getting us on this flight, He cares about the women who have found themselves in a crisis pregnancy.  He can, and desires, to make a way.  To provide for her and give her everything she needs to persevere.  He wont just let us fall, He is there waiting to catch us!

No comments:

Post a Comment