Tuesday, August 3, 2021

No Backup Plan




“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” ~Proverbs 3:5-6

My whole life I have had a backup plan. Every time life throws something at me and often even before anything actually comes to pass, my mind becomes overcome with a way out, a way forward whether the threat is real or perceived. Truth be told these backup plans never come to pass and almost always steal my peace and distract my focus from God. Trying to out plan a situation instead of seeking God alone for His plan is nothing more than a distraction!

In this time of actual uncertainty I have decided to stand unmoved resting in the promises of God. The answers to the future are safe in His hands. Whatever control I grip tightly in my hands must be released if I am to receive what’s in His. I will trust our unknown future to the all knowing God! God is good, His mercy never fails and He holds my future!

Instead of analyzing everything going on and being consumed with outcomes I will meditate on God and seek Him for guidance about what I can do to serve Him effectively in this time and season. My focus needs to be on Him so that I know what He desires from me. He hast to be my first love!

When I gave my heart to Jesus I said “yes” to Him and His plan for my life. This relationship cannot have a Plan B. Just like entering a marriage thinking “if it doesn’t work out I’ll just get divorced,” dooms a union from the start. So too is choosing God but only trusting His plan when it goes your way. It’s an all or nothing! You are either in or out!

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11

I resolve to let go! To fall into His arms of grace when I cannot see the road ahead. There is no plan B, there is only God’s plan! I will give him my worries and fears and I will take hold of the peace that only He can give. There’s no better plan and the plan of God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment