Sunday, March 29, 2015

LIFE Runners Journey


40 days ago LIFE Runners all over the world embarked on an epic journey.  LIFE Runners joined together to cover 5,564 miles of the A-Cross America Relay.  Some of us covered unfilled legs remotely from all over the world, others in the US made pilgrimage to cover the miles, and many filled their local legs.  Together we became a living banner with our "REMEMBER the Unborn Jer 1:5" gear, offering up each mile as a prayer.  Some ran in the snow, the rain, the cold.  Others faced extreme heat and tropical storms, but as one united team we crossed the finish line in Sioux Falls South Dakota on Palm Sunday.

During this 40 days God has changed me so much.  He placed on my heart the desire to run the Suva marathon and so I began my training and was able to run 31 legs, which covered 107.64 miles of the Relay remotely from Fiji.  The awesome Fiji LIFE Runners chapter covered over 34 legs, 104 miles, of the relay as they embrace the culture of LIFE.  It has been powerful what God has been doing in Fiji.  When we first got here I wondered what God had planned for me in this country where abortion is still illegal.  God revealed to me that Fiji needs LIFE Runners possibly even more because abortion is illegal.  God had a plan and it has been powerful to watch him build a mighty chapter from just my family of 3 to well over 80 members in just a few short months.  The people of Fiji have been excited to embrace the life affirming message, it has helped them be able to talk about a tabu subject that abortion has become.  I still can't even believe how powerful it has been watching them stand for life!  The Fiji LIFE Runners have passion and drive and I have no doubt that God will continue to grow this chapter and work miracles through them.  As of right now I have heard so many testimonies of hearts that have been changed, babies that have been saved, salvation's that have come, all because God called and we all answered.

My life is forever changed.  I could never thank God enough for how much he has changed me, how he took a broken, lost, and hurting woman and gave me strength and courage to trust in him for everything.  He has broken all bondage, he is changing me every single day, and I desire to serve him alone.  Far to much of my younger life was spent in slavery to my flesh, but now I am set free and I will serve God with every breath until he calls me home.

I was given the great honor of 2014 Female LIFE Runner of the year, something that I still can't believe.  It is such an honor.  To God be the glory.  God called us to Fiji and we went, because we trust God to lead us where he needs us.  God gave me the courage to continue to run and speak boldly of the truth about abortion, and through that he led me to a church that was ready to take up the cause.  God is the complete architect of LIFE Runners in Fiji and I am honored that he used me, and will continue to use me.  LIFE Runners is so much more than running.  It is reaching out to those who are hurting and scared and being someone they can talk to.  It is about sacrificing your body and giving all you have because you never know who needs to read the words written on your back.  If I skip that run or that ride I may be robbing someone the encouragement they need.  LIFE Runners is about letting everything you do be a prayer, about trusting God to get you to where you need to be.  It is about fighting for what is right, and being the hands and feet of Jesus by reaching out to those who do not yet know Him.  LIFE Runners is a ministry, it is a way for all of us to be disciples out in the world, reaching out to those who need His touch.  LIFE Runners blesses my life every single day.  It has helped my family to get physically fit and spiritually fit all at the same time, it is our witness with fitness.  We won't stop until abortion is UNTHINKABLE!

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Psalm 127:3
Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, The fruit if the womb is a reward.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles;  they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

As I continue this journey with LIFE Runners in Fiji and train for my first marathon I am drawn to the beautiful verse that is so fitting for a runner....

Psalm 26.2
Test me, LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind.

I pray that as I run and call to God for strength that he will continue to refine me with every step.  That he will continue to remove from me what does not please him and show me what he desires from me.  I pray that I will have the courage to do his will always and to never back down just because it seems hard or scary.  I thank him that he didn't let me back down when he called me to bring LIFE Runners to Fiji.  I trust in the Lord to finish what he started, and I know that he will faithfully follow through.

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment